By: Danielle Cornely
We love a good old fashioned summer cookout, and Fourth of July is the perfect time to get everyone together for a big party. As with any party, half the fun is the decorating. But with this holiday, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the onslaught of stars and stripes and not know how to pull it all together. Don’t worry, America, we’re here for you.
A sturdy table, aged wood accents, and the American flag elevate this from a simple nautical look to a classically patriotic outdoor bar.
If this doesn’t say “summery Fourth of July fun,” we don’t know what does. The woven placemat and adorable denim flatware holder add rustic style to the flag plates and vintage-look utensils.
Nothing like the perfect patina of a vintage bike to take you on an instant nostalgia trip. Here, the blue of the bike paired with the red flowers and little flags says “Happy Fourth!” in a sweetly vintage way.
It’s easy to collect items to create a sophisticated, patriotic look for your own space using pieces from yard sales, thrift stores, or even online.
1. Serena and Lily pinstripe pillows in red and white are a subtle yet noticeable tribute to the flag on Fourth of July.
2. Raffia placemats from Serena and Lily are a great way to create a summery vibe on any table.
3. Really get a nostalgic feel with antique silverware on your table.
4. Serena and Lily hurricane holders are the perfect lighting for wistful summer evenings.
5. Whether being used as a buffet table, a place for guests to dine, or even a makeshift bar, nothing beats a solid reclaimed wood trestle table for bustling get-togethers.
6. Can you really have a classic summer party without pinwheels? We didn’t think so.
7. A vintage bike can be blissful transportation as well as a creative place to hang streamers, put up a banner, or add some flowers.
8. Nothing says old school like a (very) vintage flag. Celebrate the history of the holiday with a Betsy Ross style flag.